Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New Category of Man

If you scroll down to my older posts, you can see how I have categorized the men I have met online dating and these categories are still pretty accurate. I left out a major major type however--the (usually Baby Boomer) Stoner Philosopher King.

I know. How in the hell could I leave this one off the list?

Do I need to explain? Who is this guy? You know and if pot is your deal (get it? ar ar), congratulations because this seems to be one of the most common types of men.

These are the guys that when you say it's me or your weed? They'll take their weed while they show you the door. (Maybe it's like us and our dogs. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT say anything negative about my dogs. You're GONE sucker).

AND YES, I too miss the days when pot was defined by a certain type of person--most likely an intellectual. Remember? Remember how we all used to get stoned then sit around and talk about Sartre? Democracy? Nature? Pablo F? When smoking pot was subversive, fun, and something special? Silly? When it did not have THC levels so high, you thought you might have taken acid instead?

Well, now everyone (it seems; not me anymore) smokes pot and NO it definitely does NOT lead to intellectual discussions anymore. AND the meth freaks have found it...it's like alcohol. It's becoming every wo/man's drug. 

Enter the Baby Boom Aged Pot-Smoking Philosopher King:

1. He is or thinks he is intellectual.
2. He smokes weed every day, sometimes two or more times a day.
3. He is addicted to it however you want to define it but he needs it daily.
4. He feels he has lots of wisdom to impart to you especially when he is stoned (old-school stoner, somewhat admireable even if a throw-back to the past). This can come off as patronizing, condescending,
irritating. He may be like this stoned or not.
5. When you ask him to stop smoking weed, or smoke less, or blah blah, he ends it. Pot is more important to him than love or he is just in love with his pot.

I don't even date 'the daily stoner' type anymore. Why bother if it's going to eat away at you and forget changing the dude. He is NOT going to change or tell him if he does, to call you. Please, ladies, tell me, promise me you have given up on changing a man that is in his 50's or older esp. if he smokes weed and has for a long time. Good luck with that!

Next blog--"I'm older now, may not be as attractive, but I don't want to be alone. Should I just
compromise what I am looking for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment